Want to be a Greyhound Super-Star? Short Term Medical Procedure Fosters Needed!
RDRP received a special grant for the Greyhound Spay and Neuter Project from the Martha Leiter and Nancy Streetman Fund I of the Community Foundation of Sarasota County
Medical Procedure Foster
RDRP is in need of short term foster homes, 10 – 14 days for normal healing time (without complications) for our greys after their neuter/spay, dental, and microchip. This program is beneficial for the greyhounds and helps with their behavior, prevents the females going into heat which greatly increases their time in the kennel, and assists with socialization and quicker adoptability.
Rules and guidelines include –
1. A person that is home most of the time during the foster period (no full time employment) and lives in a home without stairs
2. Muzzled crate rest and short potty breaks only for the 1st several days.
3. Ability to follow instructions and have keen observation of surgery area and health of hound
4. Handling of and administering medications
5. Short walks on lead and rest & relaxation for remaining time
6. Must live within reasonable driving distance of SRQ and our Veterinarians